Call us now on - 01225 447276
Bath Narrowboats is a long established boat hire business on the Kennet and Avon Canal based in the beautiful heritage city of Bath. We specialise in memorable day trips cruising the Kennet & Avon Canal from Bath to Bradford-on-Avon...
CONDITIONS OF CHARTER :
- Bookings will only be accepted on the official booking form accompanied by the specified deposit.
- Provisional reservations must be confirmed within 7 days.
- An invoice will be issued showing the charter deposit paid and the outstanding charter amount (due 21 days prior to cruise).
- The hirer is liable for the whole of the charter fee. In the event of cancellation we will endeavour to re-let the booking. If we are successful, only the deposit will be forfeit.
- The company reserves the right to alter or amend routes or substitute an alternative craft whenever in their opinion it shall be necessary.
- If due to circumstances beyond the company’s control it is not possible to provide the boat booked or a suitable alternative, the company will refund the hire charges paid in full, but the hirer shall have no further claim on the company.
- Passengers should not board or leave the boat other than by the boarding access provided and when a member of the crew has declared that it is safe to do so.
- The company shall not be responsible for any damage or injury to passengers or their property howsoever caused.
- No one may advertise seats for re-sale to the general public, except by prior written arrangement with the company.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
- All charters are catered for. The minimum order is 25 for cream teas and 20 for all other menus and are all priced at per person.
- The staff on the boat reserve the right to remove any food or alcohol brought on by the hirer or guests during the cruise unless agreed with Bath Narrowboats.
- There is a £ 200 surcharge for all weddings due to the nature of the booking.
- The hirer is responsible for the behaviour of his party and for any damage caused by them. The hirer is also responsible for ensuring that all members of his party are aware of the conditions of hire.
- Promotional material is accurate at the time of going to press. The company accept no responsibilities for any inaccuracies or changes.
- Car parking at embarkation point is limited and at the owner’s risk.
- The captain shall be in sole charge of the vessel throughout the trip.
- The hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the boat is vacated within 15 minutes of returning to the point of embarkation. Any further delay shall incur a waiting time charge.
- Our prices include reasonable cleaning of the boat. The occasional glassware breakage and accidental spillages or stains are par for the course. However, the deposit is kept as a bond which is only released in the absence of serious, intentional or reckless damage or breakages. In addition, whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure payment from guests on a pay-as-you-go bar, should any of your guests leave without paying for their drinks, these sums will also be deducted from the bond.
- Final numbers and payment are due 7 days prior to departure.
- Any decrease in catering numbers 3 days prior to departure will be charged in full, regardless of how many guests arrive on the day.
- The catering invoice will be sent after your charter with a request that it is paid promptly within 7 days or we reserve the right to add interest charges to the invoice.